A second opinion is an expert review of your medical or surgical history, diagnosis, treatment or test results (such as ultrasound, CT or MRI scan) by another specialist. It is very common within the healthcare system and you should not feel concerned about causing an offence.
A good consultant should support your decision and encourage you to feel comfortable before settling on decisions on treatment. Cancer is complex and living with it can be challenging, which is why a second opinion is so important before treatment begins.
A second opinion will:
- Confirm your diagnosis is correct
- Confirm your treatment is appropriate
- Advice on whether an alternative diagnosis or therapy should be considered or if additional tests would be worthwhile
- Give you the opportunity to connect with experts who have access to the most advanced treatment options, including clinical trials
- Give you control of your diagnosis and treatment by choosing a consultant you like
- Give you and your family peace of mind that you are on the right treatment
At reachout, you get:
- Guaranteed telephone or video appointment within 72hours
- Comprehensive review of your medical report within 7 days of your appointment
- Assigned to a dedicated patient liaison officer who will be your first point of contact
- Travel arrangements (visa and accommodation) at an extra cost should travel be necessary
- Translation and Interpreter services